Common Health Myths
First, we want to dispel a few common myths about health and weight loss that we keep seeing. These just go to show how much bad health advice we’ve been given:
#1 Eating fat will make me fat
For a long time, we’ve been told to eat a diet low in fat and high in carbohydrate rich grains to be healthy. The food pyramid, found on school classroom walls and doctors offices, has breads, grains and other starches and its base. Recent advances in nutritional science has revealed that these messages are actually completely wrong!
Carbs behave a lot like sugar when ingested and are actually worse for you than eating fat. Our guide to healthy carbs highlights many of the concerns with processed carbs and shows you how even supermarket foods branded as “healthy” can actually be really bad for you.
If you are serious about weight loss, then be sure to read our guide on cutting carbs to lose weight. Not only can you lose weight, but a healthier low-carb diet can help reduce all sorts of health issues including diabetes and even cancer.
#2 I need coffee to wake up properly in the morning
Coffee is America’s favorite drug with around 180 million of us starting most days with a caffeine jolt to get going. Some people enjoy their coffee and apparently have no health issues with drinking it. There are however some serious negative effects of coffee, and when it becomes so addictive that you find it difficult to go a day without it, you should probably take note.
Many people believe they need coffee to function properly or to get their work done. However there are many ways to improve your brain function without coffee.
When you are ready to give up coffee, be sure to follow our 3 step guide to giving up coffee. I used to drink 3-4 large coffees per day. Looking back, that is absolutely crazy and I’m glad I’ve now replaced it with healthier water.
#3 Diet soda is a healthier alternative to regular soda
You’re probably already aware that soda is really bad for you and also highly addictive. So much so, that celebrity chef Jamie Oliver has even introduced a soda tax in his own restaurants.
The unfortunate side effects of this that many people are now turning towards diet soda as an supposed healthy alternative. However, don’t let those 0 calorie drinks fool you. Diet soda makes you even more likely to gain weight than drinking regular soda.
If you are one of the 60 million + people who drink diet soda daily, consider following our 7 step program to replacing it with a healthier alternative.
Why You Should Follow Health Ambition
You can read more about us and our story of how we started Health Ambition here. Our goal is to bring honest, genuine, actionable health advice to as many people as possible.
In short, Health Ambition is for people who want to:
• Lose weight
• Look younger
• Feel better
• Live longer
We cover all sorts of health topics related to these goals. Some examples of things we talk about include:
• Juicing and juicing recipes
• Weight loss advice
• Natural home remedies
• Improving your sleep
• Getting more energy
• Healthy recipes
• Digestive health
• Nutrition advice
Why We Are Different
Health advice is a crowded market these days. With so much information (and misinformation) out there, we go the extra mile to give you the absolute best chance at improving your health. At Health Ambition, we do the following:
• Make it easy – Living a healthy lifestyle is not easy, but we make it as easy as it can be. We break down all the complicated science and explain it in easy to understand advice that anyone can follow. You don’t need to be a scientist to understand us.
• Give advice for real people – All of the advice on Health Ambition is geared towards real people. This means we actually understand that most people have busy jobs and/or kids to take care of. We make our advice fit into your busy schedule.
• Offer a step-by-step approach – Much of our advice is presented in a series of action steps for you to follow. This makes achieving difficult health goals much easier.
• Understand that slip ups are normal – Most diets and health advice is too strict. When people can’t follow the impossibly rigid system, they give up. From cheat days, to even allowing alcohol, our advice is much easier to sustain in the long term.
• Give an unbiased view – Many health experts avoid criticizing certain weight loss or health products. We strive to give impartial, unbiased advice so you can make informed decisions for you and your family.
• Focus on what makes the most difference to you – Our advice focuses on the easiest things which give you the maximum health benefits. Starving yourself or injuring yourself at the gym is out of the question here. We focus on what works.
How To Use The Site
You can find our top content on our home page and our newest content at the top of our blog. We also review many of the best health and weight loss products on the market in our reviews section.
We post regularly so check back often or follow us on Facebook for even more convenient updates.
We also give extra content free to our email subscribers. Click here to join the 50,000+ health enthusiasts who also subscribe. You’ll get the best information first.
To get started, here are some of our best articles that will help you get started on your health journey, whatever your goal may be:
The Best Juicing Recipes For Weight Loss – Tasty And Effective!
Using Almonds For Weight Loss, More Energy And Better Skin
Basic Fat Burning Soups to Melt Those Pounds Away
Scarlet Johansson’s Apple Cider Vinegar Face Wash
15 Of The Most Effective Natural Remedies For Fast Hair Growth
How To Have Perfect Skin with Juicing
Top 7 Benefits Of Waking Up Early
Apple Cider Vinegar: Drink It Daily For Better Health
The Many Health Benefits Of Lemon Water
What Is In Soda And Why Is It So Addictive?
The Healthiest Type Of Salt And Why It’s So Important
The 5 Best Healthy Juice Recipes (And Why You Should Drink Them)
Apple Cider Vinegar: Drink It Daily For Better Health
Teflon Dangers In Nonstick Cookware And A Better Alternative