If you don’t have much time in the morning then this quick scrambled eggs recipe can be made up in five minutes. It’s simple, satisfying and will help you lose weight and keep your energy high throughout the morning. Here’s why it’s a great breakfast to start the day with and what you’ll need to make it up yourself.
Scrambled Egg Benefits
Some people may be concerned about the fat in this recipe with eggs, butter and the optional cheese. However, as long as you enjoy your scrambled eggs without bread, eating them will not stimulate the excessive insulin levels in your blood that lead to body fat storage. Many perceived “fatty” foods, such as these, can actually be super healthy for you.
In fact, high protein and moderate fat meals like this make it much easier for your body to access stored fat as fuel. Have bread with you scrambled eggs though, particularly high glycemic white bread, and this simply will not happen.
Research is now clearly showing that eating a high-protein egg breakfast, as opposed to a high carbohydrate breakfast, is far superior for weight loss and energy. In this study, identical calories of scrambled eggs versus a bagel breakfast for 8 weeks lead to 65% more weight loss and higher reported energy levels in those eating eggs. Additionally, cholesterol and triglyceride levels did not rise for those having scrambled eggs for breakfast.
So now that you know how good scrambled eggs are for weight loss and energy, let’s have a look at the recipe
Quick Scrambled Eggs Ingredients for 2 (Use Half for 1)
- 5 to 6 free range eggs.
- 1/4 of a cup of organic milk. Organic goat’s milk is even better if you can get it. Milk replacements like almond milk can also be used but avoid soy milk as it contains many problematic compounds.
- A teaspoon of butter, ideally grass fed butter.
- Ground peppercorns and Himalayan crystal salt to season.
- 2 mushrooms, preferably shiitake, chopped.
- 1 scallion (spring onion), finely chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of feta cheese, ideally goat’s milk feta. Goats milk cheese is often much easier to digest than cheese made from cow’s milk. It also avoids the antibiotics issue and has a largely superior nutritional profile.
How to Make Scrambled Eggs in 5 Minutes
- Start with your medium-sized ceramic pan on a moderately low heat. Add the butter, let it melt and then swirl it around the bottom of the pan.
- At the same time chop up your mushrooms and scallion if you’re using them, throw them in the pan with the butter and give it another swirl to coat them in it.
- Crack your eggs into a large bowl and beat them well with a fork. Use a whisk for really fluffy scrambled eggs. Pour in your milk and beat again until it’s frothy.
- Stir your chopped scallion and mushrooms and then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Leave for around 20 seconds to set before using a spatula or wooden spoon to go across the pan horizontally, starting from the top and then working down to the bottom. Leave for another 20 seconds and go across the pan the opposite way. This makes for much thicker scrambled egg curds than stirring.
- As soon as your scrambled eggs are mostly set, but there’s still around a quarter of the mixture as a thick liquid, remove the pan from the heat. They will continue to cook and remain silky smooth this way. Waiting until they are fully cooked in the pan can lead to overcooked scrambled eggs.
- Add the optional feta cheese and a good grind of peppercorns. If you’re not using any cheese, add a pinch of mineral rich Himalayan crystal salt. Gently stir these in then serve immediately for the best texture and flavor.
You can also check Jamie Oliver’s perfect eggs video!
With a little practice, these quick scrambled eggs can be made up and on the table in under five minutes. There are a simple yet satisfying breakfast on the go that will keep your energy levels stable and help you burn body fat in the morning. Give them a try and let me know what you think as well as any other ingredients you’d suggest adding.
Leave a comment